Our Sensory-Friendly Performance of Madagascar – A Musical Adventure will be held Sunday, December 10 at 2:00 pm
We believe that family theatre should be fun for EVERYONE, and it’s here just in time for the holidays this year at Red Branch. Our sensory-friendly performance is designed to be more accessible to those on the autism spectrum or others with sensory sensitivities.
How will our Sensory-Friendly Performance of Madagascar be different?
- House lights will be left on at a low level
- Other lighting effects will be reduced in intensity or eliminated completely
- Sound levels will be adjusted to a lower level
- Selected technical effects will be adjusted to reduce startling or surprising moments
- Space will be reserved between each party to allow extra room for those who might need to “move it move it” while they watch the show, or exit a row during the performance
- Preparatory materials will be provided ahead of the performance to help families know what to expect from both the performance and the performance experience
- Patrons are permitted to bring personal sensory supports for their use during the performance, as well as personal communication aids (iPads, smartphones, and other devices)
- A designated “break space” will be available in the lobby for those who might feel overwhelmed or need to take a quiet moment
How can I reserve my tickets for the Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Call us at (410) 220-6517 Monday through Friday from 10 am – 6 pm. Our box office staff is excited to help you find the perfect seats for your family! If you’re unable to call during box office hours, send us a message through our website form and we will find an alternate time to connect with you.